3 dudes attempt a smoky eyes makeup tutorial while I fight for gasps of air
Me when I try using makeup tutorials to put makeup on
"my body is rejecting the makeup."
I was straight faced until I got to the fucking eyeliner
I love the descriptions the blond guy gives
HAHAHA OH NO THEYRE SO CUTE
It reminds me of the “bike to work” movement. That is also portrayed as white, but in my city more than half of the people on bike are not white. I was once talking to a white activist who was photographing “bike commuters” and had only pictures of white people with the occasional “Black professional” I asked her why she didn’t photograph the delivery people, construction workers etc. … ie. the Black and [Latin@] and Asian people… and she mumbled something about trying to “improve the image of biking” then admitted that she didn’t really see them as part of the “green movement” since they “probably have no choice” –
I was so mad I wanted to quit working on the project she and I were collaborating on.
So, in the same way when people in a poor neighborhood grow food in their yards … it’s just being poor– but when white people do it they are saving the earth or something.
|?||comment left on the Racialious blog post “Sustainable Food & Privilege: Why is Green always White (and Male and Upper-Class)” (via sister-bell)|
my school’s principal and head of school made a video to announce our snow day you should all watch it you won’t regret it!!
omfg let me transfer to your school
I was thinking about making a comic about this because this is the most annoying thing.
When I was 17, I went to otakon with a (white) friend of mine. She had red, pink and white dread extensions and piercings and what not and every 5 feet we had to stop so someone could get a picture with her. She wasn’t dressed up as anyone, she was just there.
We met a (black) girl with some of the most beautiful dread extensions I’ve ever fucking seen in red, black and white dressed up as Jesse from team rocket and I kind of lost my shit because she was so cute, but I was too afraid to talk to her. While my friend was getting her 1000th picture taken, I approached her and she found out it was my first time there and wanted me to go around with her so that I didn’t feel lost.
Walking around with her for a bit was so fucking awful only because people kept saying, “It’s a ghetto Jesse.” or that she wasn’t really into that stuff because black girls don’t like pokemon.
She was seasoned by conventions to handle this talk and I felt so awful for her. I am filipina and Irish American, no one questioned me being there. But so many people assumed that because of the color of her skin that she was any less of a fan and any less unique and wonderful. How fucking dare they.
Thus is the reason the nerd culture needs to be turned inside out. So we can lose these fuckers that think that if Ramona Flowers had been black that she’d be ghetto and unfuckable.
Jon Stewart is back from vacation, and he’s not wasting any time going after one of his favorite targets: Fox News.
I’m obligated as a resident of Earth
well, can’t have people think I hate Harry Potter now can I?
I’m sorry, but my existence obligates me to reblog this. :/
Who wouldn’t reblog this?
Well that escalated quickly…. <3
1. Date a boy who makes you happy, but marry him only if he makes you laugh deep-belly rumbles that hurt your ribs as they expand outwards. Date him when he sees that you’re hurting and he gives you a moment to feel that pain like a handprint spreading across your consciousness, marry him only if he can make you smile even while you’re gross sobbing. The world is not a kind place. You will feel a lot of pain. Make sure you are with someone who makes it all bearable. Humor is an excellent gauge of intelligence. Life gets boring. Find someone who makes the banal interesting.
2. Make sure he has scars on the back of his hands, it’s a good sign he has experience either fighting or making things - creation is an act of selflessness and bruised knuckles are a good sign he knows how to defend himself. You’ve got too much soul to be handled by someone who has never been passionate. If he’s never thrown a punch, let him at least have tasted the insanity of bringing an idea into existence. Rough palms are better than soft ones, they have been salted by this earth and made into leather. Callouses are evidence he has lived, that he has broken skin and been in pain over and over and over again and still came back to the source of it. People rub against each other. Don’t marry him if he can’t handle even a little blister.
3. Before you say yes, get him angry. See him scared, see him wanting, see him sick. Stress changes a person. Find out if he drinks and if he does, get him drunk - you’ll learn more about his sober thoughts. Discover his addictions. See if he puts you in front of them. You can’t change people, baby girl. If they are made one way, it doesn’t just wear off. If you hate how he acts when he’s out of it now, you’re going to hate it much worse eight years down the road. You might love him to bits but it doesn’t change that some people just don’t fit.
4. Trust your instincts. If he ever makes you feel unsafe, don’t make excuses, just get up and leave. That’s all there is to it. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
5. If he puts money before you, he’ll keep pushing you to the bottom of the pile until you become his last priority. It’s one thing if he can’t afford what you want, it’s another if he has the cash but won’t spring for a box of chicken mcnuggets. Money and love are arch enemies. 62% of divorces occur due to economic strain. Make sure keeping you is more important than his 401k.
6. How a man treats animals is a good indicator of how he treats children. If you see him raise a hand to a dog, pack your things into a little black bag. Animals at their worst are only half as annoying as a toddler on their best behaviour. Your kids will be beautiful, but they will also misbehave. Same goes for waiters and hotel maids - if he’s rude to those who are working for minimum wage, it says a lot about how he sees himself. Patience is rare and so important. If he’s not forgiving to a dog, he’s not good for your kids.
7. If he isn’t in awe of you, he doesn’t deserve you. You are my little girl and you were born perfect. If he can’t see that, it’s his loss. There is someone who thinks your flaws power his heart. Be strong. If he asks you to change, be like like rock of your birthstone, do not waver. You are wondrous just the way that you are.
|?||My father’s recipe for the man I should marry (via sweetteaburritosandnewfoundglory)|
Collegehumors’ new video is on point as always
how is that even the same person
Some of you are reblogging because you think its funny that programmers would talk to ducks. I’m reblogging because I think its funny picturing a programmer explaining their code, realizing what they did when they explain the bad code, then grabbing the strangling the duck while yelling “WHY WAS THE FIX THAT SIMPLE!? AM I GOING BLIND!”
AS A PROGRAMMER I CAN TELL YOU THAT THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU FUCKING DO WE HAD TO BAN THE DUCKS FROM MY CLASSES BECAUSE EVERYONE WOULD FLIP THE DUCK OR THROW IT AT A WALL OR SOMETHING WHEN THEY FIGURED OUT THE PROBLEM IN THEIR CODE
so that’s the function of a rubber duck